1. Residents of the Town of Kearny and the City of Newark
2. Hudson and Essex Counties
3. State of New Jersey
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. Click here for details
- We do not accept applications by email or fax
- Resumes must include a completed employment application
- Applications must be submitted prior to the posted deadline date
Submit completed applications to:
Town of Kearny Personnel Office
402 Kearny Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032
Applications will only be accepted for the positions listed below:
NJ Civil Service exam for full-time Deputy Municipal Court Administrator. Under direction of the Municipal Court Administrator, assists in supervising and/or performing quasi-judicial and administrative functions related to the operation of a municipal court; does other related duties as required. Salary $52,694 - $61,813 with full benefit package. Civil Service on-line application available from 08/26 to 09/16/2016. Click here for job description Click here for Civil Service link
Public Health - Seeking part-time REHS to ensure compliance with relevant sanitary and health laws. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting field inspections and investigations. Experience with retail food inspection and public complaint investigation preferred. Valid REHS and NJ driver’s licenses required. 24.5 hours per week, $20.30 - $31.82 per hour. Application deadline 9/12/2016 Click here for job description Click here for application
Part time per diem bus drivers needed to transport residents on local routes. Must possess a valid NJ driver’s license CDL class B, passenger endorsement. Shifts: Mon – Fri, 8am – 4pm or Sat – Sun 8am – 1pm. Salary up to $22 per hour. Click here for Civil Service job description Click here for application EOE/ADA
Police Officer – Civil Service examination for Police Officer.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States as of August 31, 2016.
- Where hiring preferences apply, applicants must meet the residency requirements of the appointing jurisdiction as of August 31, 2016 and will be required to maintain continuous residency in that jurisdiction up to and including the date of appointment.
- Applicants must be high school or vocational high school graduates, or possess an approved High School Equivalent Certificate by August 31, 2016.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age as of August 31, 2016. Applicants for Municipal Police Officer positions cannot be over 35 years of age (one is considered over 35 on the day after his/her 35th birthday) as of August 31, 2016 unless they meet the exceptions in “Maximum hiring age requirement for Municipal Police Officer” on page 6. NOTE: The age 35 maximum hiring requirement applies only to Municipal Police Officer and its bilingual titles.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey
- Appointees will be required to pass thorough medical and drug screening, and psychological/psychiatric examinations. Failure of any of these is cause for removal from that title area.
- For complete details and on-line application, please go to http://info.csc.state.nj.us/vats/WebAnno.aspx?FileNumber=22991
Part time court officers needed to make sure courtroom is safe for judges, spectators, legal staff, employees, witnesses and defendants. Will monitor metal detectors before court is in session and effectively clear courtrooms when emergencies or dangerous situations arise, maintain radio contact with police and may be called upon to take action to make arrests, control combative or disorderly persons and employ force as situations require and other related duties. Click here for application EOE/ADA
We are accepting applications to keep on file for future vacancies. Shifts include 8am-9:15am, 11am-1pm, 2:15pm-4:00pm. Applicants must be available for all shifts. Valid NJ dirivers license required. $16.05 hr. Click here for job description Click here for application EOE/ADA
Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee
We are accepting application to keep on file for future vacancies. The position receives and responds to telephone requests for emergency assistance, fire, medical or other emergency services, dispatches appropriate units to response sites and other related work as required. Part time position to work 10 / 12 hour shifts for a total of 24 hours per week. Shifts include days, nights, weekends and holidays. One (1) year experience in dispatching emergency vehicles preferred. PSAP certification a plus. Salary: $15.25 per hour. Click here for Civil Service job description. Click here for application.
Building Inspector / Code Enforcement Officer
Part time. Under direction of Construction Official and Building Subcode Official, inspects new and existing buildings and structures to ensure compliance with the State Uniform Construction Code and enforces same, performs varied types of field and office work involved in seeing that residents, business places and citizens comply with various municipal ordinances, does property maintenance, zoning and code enforcement and other related duties. RCS license required, ICS/HHS a plus. Valid NJ driver’s license required. 24.5 hours per week. $24.77 - $32.31 per hour. Position is provisional and subject to Civil Service exam. Click here for application Click here for Civil Service job description