Council Member 2nd Ward Madeline Peyko
Council member 2nd Ward Madeline Peyko is a life-long resident of Kearny. She began serving on the Town Council in November 2009. Madeline is the council liaison to the Board of Health. She chairs the Lighting and Beautification committees and serves on the Finance and Transportation committees.
She is currently employed by Ernst & Young LLP as a member of their Quality & Risk Management’s Ethics & Compliance team. Her past experience includes working in the retail industry as a Purchasing Manager and Facilities Administrator and in the Legal profession as a Law Firm Administrator.
Madeline holds a BA in history from Caldwell College. She remains involved with her alma mater as a member of the Veritas Committee. Madeline has also served as Recording Secretary for the Alumni Association.
Council Member 2nd Ward Laura Cifelli-Pettigrew
Council member 2nd WardCifelli-Pettigrew is a lifelong resident of Kearny. She has served as a 2nd Ward Council member since January 2000.
- Graduate of Franklin School and Kearny High School
- Graduate of Seton Hall University, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Kean College, Teacher of Pre-school and K-8 N J State Teaching Certificate
Memberships and Community Service:
- 2nd Ward Councilwoman
- Kearny High School PTA member
- NJ Education Association member
- Operation Friendship member
- Kearny High School Project Graduation, founding member and active participant
- Kearny High School Soccer Booster Club member
- Former member of Franklin School PTA
- Former Child Shield representative